Cycling at Stanwick Lakes
Stanwick Lakes has a network of over 7 miles of cycle paths. In addition to circular routes around the lakes there is a four mile linear route running from Irthlingborough towards Thrapston, along the former railway line, providing safe off-road cycling – and a means of ‘green’ travel for local visitors.
Please note that cycling is only permitted on the designated cycle paths. Walkers have priority and cyclists must take care when approaching pedestrians.
Please be sure to adhere to the correct social distancing guidelines during the COVID-19 outbreak.
During the COVID-19 outbreak, cycle hire will be open as follows:
Tuesday 26th – Sunday 31st May, 10am – 4pm (it will not be possible to reserve bikes)
Disability scooters will also be available Please call 07850 723592 to reserve.
Cycle hire is available on site at Stanwick Lakes in association with A J Cycles of Rushden. As well as adult and child bikes, it is possible to hire a tandem, buggies, trailers and child seats.
Disability Scooter for Hire
A disability scooter is available to hire from AJ Cycles during opening hours – £5 for 2hours.
Cycle Hire Charges
|1 Hour||2 Hours||3 Hours||4 Hours||All Day|
*Buggies, trailers and car seats must only be attached to cycles rented from AJ Cycles
- Advance group bookings are available at a discount.
- Group bookings are available outside of standard hire times.
- A discount loyalty scheme operates for return customers.
- Helmets are not compulsory but are recommended and issued free.
- The hire charge for the type of bike to be hired will be charged in advance to the hirer’s credit/debit card. We reserve the right to refuse to hire equipment to individuals and groups. All major credit/debit cards are accepted. Terms and conditions apply.