Cycling at Stanwick Lakes
Stanwick Lakes has a network of over 7 miles of cycle paths. In addition to circular routes around the lakes there is a four mile linear route running from Irthlingborough towards Thrapston, along the former railway line, providing safe off-road cycling – and a means of ‘green’ travel for local visitors.
Please note that cycling is only permitted on the designated cycle paths. Walkers have priority and cyclists must take care when approaching pedestrians.
Cycle hire is available on site at Stanwick Lakes in association with A J Cycles of Rushden. As well as adult and child bikes, it is possible to hire a tandem, buggies, trailers and child seats.
Disability Scooter for Hire
A disability scooter is available to hire from AJ Cycles during opening hours – £5 for 2hours.
Cycle Hire Opening Times
Weekends, local school holidays and bank holidays
1st March – 31st October: 10am – 6pm (Last hire time departure 5pm)
1st November – 30th November: 10am – 4pm (Last hire time departure 3pm)
Closed December / January/ February
Please check opening times by calling 07850 723592
Cycle Hire Charges
|1 Hour||2 Hours||3 Hours||4 Hours||All Day|
*Buggies, trailers and car seats must only be attached to cycles rented from AJ Cycles
- Advance group bookings are available at a discount.
- Group bookings are available outside of standard hire times.
- A discount loyalty scheme operates for return customers.
- Helmets are not compulsory but are recommended and issued free.
- The hire charge for the type of bike to be hired will be charged in advance to the hirer’s credit/debit card. We reserve the right to refuse to hire equipment to individuals and groups. All major credit/debit cards are accepted. Terms and conditions apply.