This Privacy Notice for Rockingham Forest Trust, Stanwick Lakes is written to comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 and other related legislation.
This brings the way we hold, process and use your data up to date taking into account advances in technology.
Please read this privacy statement carefully to understand how Rockingham Forest Trust will collect, use, manage, protect and share your personal data, as we understand that this is important to you.
We have a legitimate interest to collect your data, as we need this to be able process your details and this will only be stored for as long as necessary. This length of time will vary, depending on the reason that we have collected it, in cases of Health and Safety, this could be permanently.
Our legitimate interests are as follows:
- Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour, including working with law enforcement agencies
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes
- Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Rockingham Forest Trust
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues and other stakeholders.
How we collect and store data
We collect data about you in several ways: –
- When you express interest about our products, courses or services
- When you communicate with us via our website / by telephone / email, when you make purchases online or when you raise concerns or make enquiries
- When consent is given for marketing purposes
- When you contract to supply or receive a service from us
We hold data securely for the amount of time shown in our Document Retention Schedule, please contact us at the address below for a copy of this document should you wish to view it.
What we collect
We may collect the following personal data about you: –
- Personal identifiers and contacts (such as your name, address, telephone numbers, email address)
- Sensitive personal data concerning your health, any disability
- Safeguarding information
- Financial information (bank details, payment card details)
- CCTV footage
Most of the information we collect, we will get directly from you. There may be occasions when we get it from other sources.
How we use your data
We use your information, including sensitive data in the following ways: –
- When administering finance (e.g. fees and charges)
- To ensure your safety and security
- Promoting our products and services
- To help us assess the quality of our courses and services
- To enable us to provide information
- To conduct research
Who we share your data with and why
We do not generally share information given to us except in the following circumstances:
- If you are on a course, attend an event or make a booking with us, you may be contacted afterwards and be requested to provide us with feedback so that we can enhance and improve our service delivery.
- There may be instances where we have to escalate concerns which could include safeguarding issues and crime prevention.
- During a consultation period for bids
- We share information with awarding bodies for registration and certification purposes as well as quality assurance.
Know your data rights
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information contact The Data Protection Officer, Rockingham Forest Trust, Stanwick Lakes, Stanwick, Northants, NN9 6GY
You also have the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it.
Please note that due to the nature of our business, there are very restricted circumstances where you would have the right to have your data deleted, these are shown below:
- if you have made an enquiry that has not resulted in a booking
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect data that we hold about you
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you
- a right to seek redress, either through the ICO, or through the courts
If you have a concern or complaint about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Or Information Commissioners Office Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF